My main hobbies are quilting and making teddy bears and other stuffed animals,
such as the "computer" mouse at right. I also make jewelry and have done glass and other crafts. I sell some of my work at SF convention art shows and on Etsy. Most of my projects are highlighted
- My first quilt was a twin-size bedspread, made
one square at a time.
- These nested boxes quilts use a simple geometric
pattern. The first of my "lapsize" quilts, they measure 3'x4'.
- This twin size bedspread took me almost two
years to complete--counting the time off to work on other projects and pamper
an injured wrist.
- Another early quilt, this one is also lapsize.
- Rainbow Fish and Birds was my first attempt
to piece curves. It measures approximately 3' x 4'.
- Lizards is my second Escher quilt. Like Rainbow
Fish and Birds, it is approx 3' x 4'. last updated 3/01
- Tessellated Tabbies. Interlocking cats galore!
on this lapsize quilt (created 7/04) and matching pillow (created 6/08), both graduation presents.
- Tumbling Blocks. A lapsize optical illusion quilt,
using a traditional design.
- Babyquilts for James, for
Caroline (created 5/03), and for
the Rogers girls. See if you can figure out what the fabrics have in common.
- Pooh quilt. A different style of baby quilt. created 5/16
- Dragonslayer quilt: Slightly smaller than lapsize,
this elaborate applique quilt was a wedding present. created
- Cat Wizard quilt: A quilted wall hanging using fur fabric applique. created 6/12
- Time And Relative Dimensions In Space: A quilted wall hanging inspired by Doctor Who. created 4/13
- Fibonacci quilts: A wall hanging and a pillow cover. created 7/15
- Star and Compass: a quilted wall hanging. created
- A set of Mathematical Placemats. These use heavier
fabrics than my other quilted items, to reduce wrinkles.
- Facemats. Placemats with
cat faces. last updated 5/03
- These two patchwork purses were made to carry
at a wedding. The design is quite simple, but the results are striking.
- Quilted Throw Pillows. A total of six, using
several different techiques. last updated 11/11
- Black Cat at Midnight. A rather spooky pillow/wall-hanging. created 4/13
- Hallow Kitty pillow. A pillow/wall-hanging made from Halloween-themed Hello Kitty Fabrics. created 6/12
- Mermaid Pillow: a bat mitzvah present for a mermaid girl. last updated 3/05
- Angel Pillow: a confirmation present. created 10/16
- Space Windows: two quilted pillows with space fabrics. created 3/10
- Prehistoric Windows: a quilted pillow with dinosaur fabrics. created 8/10
- More Windows pillows: four quilted pillows, with library, castle, multi-time, and Pooh fabrics respectively. last updated 5/16
- Fibonacci Poodles/North Star: a double-sided quilted pillow. created 7/15
- Sewing Machine Cover.
Attractive, and it keeps out the dust. created 7/02
- This X-Files exchange
quilt grew out of a conversation about what to include in an X-Files
quilt. Two dozen women from around the world made and exchanged blocks in
the summer of 1996. Two years later, I finally got around to putting my share
- Snow Under the Tree.
A Christmas tree skirt made exclusively with snowflake fabrics.
- Books 'n' Bears.
Another tree skirt of the same pattern. last
- Bearskin Rug Cuddly but fierce. Too nice to walk on wearing shoes. created 7/09
- Cat Stole. Four cats sewn together nose to end to make a scarf. created 11/11
- Cat Hat. A very fetching hat in the shape of a cat. created 11/11
- Cat Bag. A charming handbag made from an unfortunate kitty. created 11/11
- Patchwork Mouse. A scrappy little fellow. created 11/11
- Aubrey is a very huggable bear, my newest companion. created 3/01
- Panda. Not much to say about this one. It's a panda. created 4/13
- Sandy. Another very huggable bear. created 2/02
- Patches is made out of 16 different fabrics. created 6/08
- The Green Bear. Like the Green Man, only a bear. created 4/13
- Chocolate. Yet another very huggable bear. Do I detect a trend? created 7/04
- Chutney. Flame orange and shaggy. created 6/12
- Lemony: a bear, not a snicket. created 3/05
- Red Bear: Lemony's younger brother. created 1/06
- Harlequin Bear : a large black and white bear. last updated 8/14
- Gibby the Great Big Bear: an even larger patchwork bear. created 8/14
- Doctor bear: a graduation present. created 6/12
- Jazz bear: another graduation present. created 8/14
- Teddy Garcia: a very brightly colored bear. Not glow-in-the-dark. created 11/11
- Bear puppet. This hand puppet was a Christmas present for a friend. created 3/04
- Butterscotch looks more annoyed than he should. created 5/03
- Ginger Ben. An unjointed bear with a twisted leg. created 8/07
- Winkie is large and squishy. created 12/07
- Brownie is an somewhat unsuccessful unjointed bear. created 9/08
- This Dalmatian Puppy is very huggable. created 5/03
- As is this Irish Setter Puppy. created 1/06
- Pink Leopard. A seated cat, made as a baby present. created 10/06
- Alternate Zebras. Red-and-black striped, green-and-black striped, and black-and-white polka-dotted. last updated 8/14
- Negative Animals: a tuxedo cat and a penguin in reverse colors, like photographic negatives. created 8/14
- Informal Penguin: a bigger penguin, in houndstooth. created 5/16
- P. J. Birdie. A "pajama buddy" for a small child. created 3/04
- Goth Chick: a baby raven, all dressed in black. created 5/16
- Snow Furries: two tiny, fluffy, white critters. created 1/18
- Mayhaps. A radio station mascot, a very odd beast. Plus four more. last updated 8/14
- Harmony Dust Bunny: a cute, cuddly, sociable critter with six legs and four eyes. And sharp, pointy teeth. created 8/14
- Rabbit Warrior: a naturalistic bunny dressed for battle. last updated 7/15
- Tiger Bunny: small and cute and not at all fierce. created 8/14
- Mutant Dog: a not entirely successful practice piece. last updated 12/04
- Electrikitty. A small,
very "energetic" cat. created 12/04
- Night Mare: a horse made out of night-sky fur. created 5/16
- Teal Deer. Inspired by a bit of Internet jargon. created 8/10
- Purple Cow. Now's your chance to see one! last updated 8/10
- Cryptic Cow: green, to hide in the grass. created 8/14
- Calico Cow. Because why should cats have all the fun? created 7/15
- Two-Headed Calf. Inspired by discussion of seeing them in museums. created 8/14
- Fleece Navidad: A very Christmas-y sheep. created 1/18
- Goldilocks Tries Again, disguised in a bear suit for her second visit. created 8/10
- Wolf in Sheep's Clothing. As described by Aesop and Matthew. created 8/10
- Tortoiseshell. Is it a cat or a turtle? Yes. created 8/14
- Spherical Cow. It's a physics joke. created 4/13
- The Square of the Hippopotamus. This one's a math joke. created 4/13
- Cow-dvark: Aardvark made out of cow fur. Inspired by Sandra Boynton's Philadelphia Chickens. created 7/14
- Supercorgi: a very small superhero. created 1/18
- The Bears of Babylon 5.
Two Minbari, two Centauri, and two Narns. And a duck. last updated
- Star Trek Menagerie: Bears and bunnies.
Three Vulcans, two Klingons, two Cardassians, two Borgs, two Andorians, and five tribbles. last updated 8/14
- Furscape. Characters from Farscape rendered as teddy bears. last updated 6/08
- The Doctor Zoo: Five Doctors Who, a kangaroo, an owl, a dove, a dog, and a duck. last updated 1/18
- Treecat. A science-fictional
critter with six legs. last updated 9/08
- Kangaroo Rex. A science-fictional critter with big pointy teeth. created 9/08
- Teddy Bear-Cow. Jack Campbell's aliens. They're cute. They're fuzzy. They're implacable. created 6/12
- Martian flat cats, as described by Robert A. Heinlein. last updated 1/18
- Watership Down rabbits. Two of Richard Adams's characters, Bigwig and the Black Rabbit of Inlé. created 1/18
- Apatosaurus. A rather
cute dinosaur. created 3/06
- Sabertooth: a plushy prehistoric cat. created 4/13
- Wooly Mammoth: another prehistoric beast. created 8/14
- Pushmi-Pullyu. A two-headed critter from Doctor Doolittle. created 3/10
- Jackalope. A small horned rabbit. Mythical--or is it? created 5/16
- Furries. Or I suppose they
could be called "bearies." Two bears with wings and otherworldly faces.last
- Catterfly. A small winged cat. created 3/07
- Appaloosa Pegasus. A black and white spotted horse with wings. created 7/15
- Two Seahorses: half
horse, half seal. last updated 5/03
- Catfish: Half cat, half fish. last updated 3/07
- Gargoyle: winged and fanged, so ugly it's cute. created 10/16
- Lavender Unicorn. Designed explicitly to appeal to little girls. last updated 8/10
- Rainbow Butterfly Unicorn Kitten. Entirely too over-the-top cute. created 7/15
- Horse of a Different Color. last updated 8/10
- Candy 'Corn: a very sweet unicorn. created 10/16
- Cat o' Nine Tails: a nautical cat, with eyepatch. created 4/13
- Buntaur. A rabbit-headed centaur. created 3/06
- Pigs have wings. Or this one does, anyway. created 7/09
- Buffalo Wings. No bleu cheese required. created 11/11
- Griffins: two rather spectacular mythological beasts, half big cat, half eagle. last updated 8/14
- Sphinx: another mythological
beast, with the body of a lion and the head of a teddy bear. created 3/07
- Snapdragon: a mythological creature in bright pink. created 8/14
- Hound of Annwn: a dog from Welsh mythology. created 7/15
- The Monster Under the Bed. aka The Giant Dustbunny. created 12/04
- Lyle: a space monster with two horns and three eyes. created 3/10
- Bearelzebub: a demon teddy bear. last updated 9/08
- Merbears: Two bears with fish tails. Or are they bearmaids? last updated 7/09
- Dragons: three of them, not very good. created 4/13
- Other fantasy animals:
a centaur, a vambear, and a pegapuss. Or is that a catbird? last updated 7/09
- Vampire Bat. Tiny eyes and big pointy teeth. last updated 8/10
- Barcode Monkey. A very long hanging monkey with striped fur. created 11/11
- Two Naugas, an adult and a
baby: lizard-like creatures made out of Naugahyde. last updated 9/08
- Protoceratops Baby. A large, rather cute, baby dinosaur. created 10/06
- The Fur Files: X-Files
bears--or, rather, Moose and Squirrel. created 5/00
- Hairy Pawter. A very magical
bear. last updated 12/04
- Hippo Birdie. A Happy Birthday hippo. created 1/11
- Pandapotamus: a hippo in panda colors. created 1/18
- King of Beasts: a royal purple lion, with crown. created 1/18
- Mandarin Moose. Or should that
be spelled 'mousse'? last updated 3/06
- Mus Alces. A large-ish mouse with moose antlers. created 8/10
- Fluffy. A life-size squashy
cat. created 2/02
- Simple bears. Five bears
using the same simple pattern. last updated 3/01
- Seals. Two punny seals, using a very simple pattern. created 9/08
- Starbuck and Starduck: inspired by a misreading of a Starbucks sign. created 5/16
- Doubles: Three pairs (last
updated 3/01) and a trio (created 5/00) of bears, a couple of kittens, and
a mismatched set of monkeys prove that using the same pattern does not guarantee the same results.
- Fraternal twins. On the other hand, sometimes different patterns come out looking very similar. created 8/07
- A small jaguar cub. The same
pattern as the kittens (see above). created 2/02
- Chimera cat: a patchwork cat made from four fabrics. created 1/11
- Tiger, Tiger, Burning Bright: Red and orange tiger. created 8/14
- Firecat: a red and black
kitten. created 3/07
- Calico cats. Black and orange, and blue and green (plus white of course). last updated 6/12
- Tuxedo Cats: One navy, one dark green, with white fronts and paws. created 11/11
- Pinstripe Tuxedo Cat. Formal in black with thin gray stripes. created 5/16
- Houndstooth Tuxedo Cat. Less formal, in navy and white houndstooth. created 5/16
- Green-Point Siamese. It's not every day that you see a green cat. created 8/10
- Green Tabby. Another green cat. created 6/12
- Three fiery cats: Flames, Embers, and Ashes and Cinders. created 8/14
- Blue and purple cat. Royal blue and purple, with sky blue and lavender accents. created 8/14
- Starbuck: a coffee cat. created 7/09
- Calico calico: a patchwork cat in black and orange cotton calico. created 1/18
- Motley and kittens: My childhood cat and two of her kittens, recreated in plush. created 1/18
- A very floppy cat. A Christmas present.
- The pattern calls these blobby cats Party
Animals. last updated 11/11
- This handsome sheep family
also illustrates my love of bad puns.
- Bush baby: a small, simple critter. created 1/18
- Poblano: a small chocolate mole. created 1/18
- Libearians: studious
bears with glasses and books. created 5/00
- A small beanbag dog.
A Christmas present. created 5/00
- A small spotted dog. created 7/09
- Chihuahua. Life-size
and very realistic-looking. created 7/02
- Princess Canina: A very elegant dog in purple and sparkly pink, with tiara. created 1/18
- This Zebra Head is now hanging on the wall over
my fireplace. created 5/03
Jewelry and Glass New! 6/18
- Blown Glass Globe: My first piece of glass-work, in dark blue, aqua, and gold.
- Blown Glass Pumpkin: orange with a bit of red and a curly green stem.
- Glass Pendants: two sets of fused glass pendants and one made of lampwork glass.
- Fused Glass Clocks: a calico cat and a starfield.
- Flower Plate: fused glass plate with flowers and leaves.
- Quilt Plates: two fused glass plates patterned like quilt blocks.
- Star Plate: fused glass plate with constellations.
- Dolphin Bowl: a square, fused glass bowl with dolphins on it.
- Napkin Holder: swirly blue fused glass, with a stylized cat on the back.
- Fused Glass Coasters: four square coasters with quilt-like patterns.
- Fused Glass Trivet: random bits of mostly blues and greens on a round base.
- Butterfly Nightlight: Fused glass nightlight with colored "confetti" in a butterfly shape.
- Fused Glass Card Holder: double-sided, sized for business cards.
- Glass Flower: a large blue and white flower on a green stem.
- Butterfly Panel: stained glass panel with a butterfly in the middle.
- Cat Panel: stained glass panel with a curled up cat looking out a window.
- Stained Glass Rocket: a simple rocket made of stained glass.
- Fused Glass Earrings: stud earrings of fused glass.
- Bead Bracelet: my first jewelry, a simple beaded bracelet.
- Zipper Pulls: charms on hooks, what could be simpler?
- Zuni Bear Necklace: featuring small bear-fetish beads.
- Shell Necklace: coin-shaped beads of shell, bluish and black accent beads.
- Necklace with Dichroic Glass Pendant: a beaded necklace with one of the fused glass pendants that I made earlier.
- Green Cat Earrings: emerald-green lampwork glass cats plus coordinating beads.
Works in progress: the early stages of some of my quilts
(last updated 6/01) , stuffed
animals (last updated 1/18). and glass New! 6/18